Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods. Can ST Mom tablets be used for abortion? What is the dosage?

My wife is 39yrs of age and now her menstural days are limited to four instead of seven. She is now 08 days over her normal cycle. We are very careful about using precautionary measures. Though we are certain that it is only a matter of delay but at the same time worried weather she has got pregnant. Medically we cannot afford to have another baby as she cannot carry anymore. Please let me know if she can take S.T. Mom tablets? If yes! what should be the dosage. Regards
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1479
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
I appreciate your query.
If you are very particular about not having unprotected sex, chances of your wife conceiving are very low.
However, in order to take any form of medical abortion, you first need to confirm a pregnancy
Please perform a home ( HCG ) urine pregnancy test.
If it is negative, you have nothing to worry.
If positive, you still need to take medical abortion under supervision.
A gynecologist has to confirm the exact dates of pregnancy , and nature ( intrauterine or not ).
The dosage and precautions have to be explained in detail.
It is not something so casual that you can go for it over the counter.
Hope this guides you correctly.
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor