Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Delayed period, positive pregnancy test, had spotting, cramping post sex. Is the baby fine?

I am 12 days late opfrom my period and had positive pregnancy tests , me and my boyfriend had sex tonight and I noticed a sort of gloopy red/pinkish thing after ( it was more red then pink). I haven t had any more since, this was around 2 hours ago. I ve had stomach cramping and achyness for 15 days now. What does this mean ? Is it normal? Is the baby ok?
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi Dennh.

Thank you for putting up your problem to Healcare Magic!
Sex should be avoided in first and the last trimester of pregnancy.
The kind of symptoms you are having is signe qua non of threatened abortion.
Get ultrasound for fetal assessment and get serial serum hCG levels.
You need to start the treatment after consulting your gynecologist.

I hope this information would be both informative and helpful for you
Answered: Tue, 24 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor