Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Delayed period, brown spotting, cramps. Had protected sex

Not quite sure if this is the right speciality but I am now a week late for my period usually they are consistent and of relatively heavy flow the first few days. Last night I noticed slight spots of brownish colouring appearing on underwear and today I am bleeding very very lightly (apale pinkish colour) however when I wiped there seemed to be more blood on the tissue ,however now I have put a pad in the bleeding has reverted back to the very very light pink again & I m also cramping from time to time. I can t be pregnant as I had protected sex and there s no other health issue that I m aware of myself.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for posting this query,
I reviewed if carefully. If I was your doctor I would recommend to do a pregnancy test, so you become sure that it is not a miscarriage. The HCG levels in the urine (the hormone who gets produced since the first days of conception) should be low, but enough to show that it is/has been a possible pregnancy there. Every method of contraception has a possibility of failing.
1) If the test is positive, I would recommend bed rest for 24-48 hours. The spots may be part of a normal pregnancy sometimes, so just rest may be enough to help it. Miscarriage also, happen often and mostly without any reason in the first months of pregnancy, and usually don't need medical recovery. If your cramps get worse, of fever starts then you should see a doctor to rule out complications.
2) If the test is negative, it may be an irregular menstrual cycle, which happens from time to time in woman who have had lots of stress recently, or lost weight, ect. In this case, you should not be worried, because most probably the menstruation may happen the expected date of the next month, with little irregularities. If the irregularity continues for more then 3 months, then its the time to see a doctor.

Hope this helps,
Take care.
Dr. Klarida
Answered: Tue, 26 Aug 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor