Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Degenerated, thickened tendon in shoulder and arm, unstable ankles. Advisable to have key hole surgery on shoulder?

i have a degenerated & thickened tendon in my shoulder and arm , as I have problems with other connective tissiues, and no stability in my ankles I am very probably an undiagnosed hypermobility sufferer. Do yoy think it would be a good idea pt have key hole surgery on my shoulder which would involve shaving away healthy bone to release the tendon, or do you think it would be futile given the condition of the tendon/
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The degenerated and thickened tendon in the arm can be operated upon for symptomatic relief. But the surgical treatment depends on the severity of the symptoms that you are having and response to the medical treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Tue, 8 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor