Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Deficient B12 with normal iron and kidney pain

i have recently had blood work done for low B12 my levels are at 70. but my iron is fine and i have kidney pain...any ideas?
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  305
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Urologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcaremagic,

Deficiency is vit B 12 levels is probably because of yourself being vegetarian. you sholud see physician and get treated for the same. Kidney pain has nothing to do with vit B 12 levels and you should get further investigated with ultrasound KUB
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Low Vitamin B12 makes you anaemic causing weakness, body pain, fatigue. Eat fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Reagrding the pain in the kidney region, visit a Urologist who will advise best for you, if it is due to a stone, infection etc.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
     kidney pain has nothing to do with low B12.So get it investigated to find the cause like urine testing along with ultrasound whole abdomen.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery”

Answered: Tue, 31 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor