Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Deficiency of Vitamin D3. Can you guide me any good medicine ?

Hi. My son is 4 1/2. He is having deficiency of Vitamin D3 (level coming in test 2.04 instead of acceptable level 2.1 to 2.65) Can you guide me any good medicine other than injection available in pakistan
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  257
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
I recommend you taking Natural source of D3 which is Natural Sunlight
suggest you stay in the sunlight exposure to skin
along with this some sources are
Fish LIver Oil
Fortified Foods
Egg Yolk

Consult nearest Ayurvedic Physician in your area for further enquiry
Answered: Fri, 25 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
For what symptoms did you get this test done?

Vit D3 is synthesized by the body on exposure to sunlight. Only supplements will not be helpful here. Please let him be in sunlight in the early morning.

Egg , fish , cod liver oil are good sources for Vit D. Calcium is also needed here, so milk, milk products are to be given.

Answered: Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor