Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Deep pain below the scar after gluteal abscess surgery. Is it reoccurring? Whom to consult?

Hello there, I am having a slight confusion and needed some advice on which speciality doctor that I need to visit. Last year around this time, I was admitted into the hospital for a surgery . It was removal left gluteal abscess . It was about a size of a palm. Now it have healed but I ve felt the same pain like a year ago but at a lower location of the Scar of it. Could it have recurred again ? Should I revisit the general surgeon or should I visit a dermatologist . I can feel the pain it s quite deep. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Gluteal abscess will be deep seated sometimes.
You have to meet a General surgeon.
If there is fever,redness,local rise of temperature over that site ,gluteal abscess can be suspected.
Or else it could be simple musculoskeletal pain.
But,consult a general surgeon,get examined clinically and proceed.
Wish you speedy recovery
Answered: Fri, 30 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor