Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Deep cut, bled. Used bandages. What can be done about the throbbing?

My wife cut the palm of her hand below her thumb with a kitchen knife. the cat was pretty deep and fatty tissueprotruded from it. It did not bleed too bad so we cleaned it and badaged it with buttyerfly bandages and then covered with gauze and a large bandage. The following day, the hand is swollen and bruised around the thumb and shee complaines that it hurts/throbs/slight burning sensation. We have been cleaning and changing badages regularly. Is there anything else we should be doing?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  845
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The cut must have been so deep to have have injured the digital'll settle down as the wound heals.if there's no pus formation the healing will be is advisable to visit a doctor and assess the present condition of the wound and to take antibiotics if necessary.pain will settle down with symptomatic analgesics.if the cut it deep secondary suturing will help the closure of wound faster
Answered: Sun, 30 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor