Dear sirs, My father has been diagnosed with leukemia (CLL)

Dear sirs,
My father has been diagnosed with leukemia (CLL) but has not yet started any treatment.
He's losing a lot of weight, and I do not want to sit around doing nothing for weeks while he awaits chemotherapy and immunotherapy. 
I came across articles online about the benefits of infrared saunas. The problem is, where we live, I can't find any hotel or spa that offers treatment with infrared saunas.

My question is, can he do a few sessions at a regular sauna and still gain some benefit in terms of detoxification, even if it won't kill any cancer cells? In other words, should he only do detox sessions with infrared saunas. Could there be any harm to him going to a regular sauna?
Thanks for any information you can provide.
Fri, 19 Oct 2018