Darkish brown sputum, sore throat. TB test negative. Causes for symptoms?

Dear Doctor, I am having a problem relating to my sputum , mostly in the morning, it is dark brownish, off late I also have a sore throat . I am living in xxxxxx, this problem started probably in Mar-2012, still not solved. I went to docs here, they tested for TB, it was negative. Tested for aerobic and anaerobic, it is also negative. Not sure what the problem is, I am worried. also for your information, I am diabetic since Sep-2006, this is just for information.
Wed, 20 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding your cough and dark brown sputum in morning hours. You are diabetic and tests for tuberculosis is negative, and no organism is isolated in investigation.

If your chest is normal than possibility of sinus infection should be ruled out by doing C.T.scan of paranasal sinuses. In chronic sinusitis also morning phlegm is well reported. since color of phlegm is dark brown that means it is having alterred blood.

Next possibility is of GERD (gastro esophageal reflux disorder) and LPR (laryngopharyngeal reflux). These are related with hyperacidity and gastritis.

Now a thorough examination of your nose, throat, chest and abdomen is necessary to find out real pathology which can be accordingly manage.

Regards.