Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Darker pubic area. Chances of cancer?

I slipped and fell very hard on my bottom two weeks ago...when I was looking for bruising from the fall, I noticed that my mons were both much darker than usual, and not to be graphic, but so was the area around my anus . I am 45 years old and weigh 126 pounds. I was just at my annual OBGYN appointment two months ago and everything was completely fine, including paps smear results. Should I go back to her...should I be worried about pre-cancer?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Discoluration of the genital area is common and seen often in the older age group. Its also related to hormonal changes in the body. You need to worry about it unless there is an ulcerations,white areas etc.It also occurs due to friction. Just go for regular check ups and you should be fine.
Answered: Wed, 29 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor