Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Darkened circles below the waist, but above the penis. How can I treat this?

I have a series of darkened circles on my skin just below the waist but above my penis. The skin on the circles is dry and rubs off easily. Oddly, the circles are symmetrical, same sizes and shapes on both sides. I remember having the largest patch in the center for a while, but the smaller ones on the sides are very new. What might be the cause, and how can I treat it?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
Dear Majszelek,
Hi, welcome to Healthcare Magic.
You are suffering from fungal infection of the area known as Tinea cruris and Tinea corporis.
The best treatment is oral and topical treatment of antifungals for around 2 weeks period under advice of your doctor. The infection will vanish dramatically.
You should also maintain proper hygiene, meaning taking daily bath with soap, wearing cotton clothes, change your undergarments two times a day, maintain a dry environment to prevent growth of fungus. This will prevent recurrent/ further infection.

With best health wishes,
Dr Sanjay K Kanodia
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor