Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Dark spot in eye, sustained minimal blunt trauma. No diminished vision. Anything major?

Hello Doc, I have a dark spot in my vision in low light situations (dark room at morning, or night) after I sustained minimal blunt trauma to the eye region. I saw an optometrist the next day, and she said that there was some swelling and hemorrhaging, but nothing major, and that it will likely reabsorb over time. Does this sound like a good diagnosis, or should I follow-up immediately with an Ophthalmologist? I don t see any floaters , flashes, curtains coming down over my eye, or diminished peripheral vision . Just a dark spot in my vision at night, or morning. I was hit by an object just below my left eye. My dark spot is in that same eye at the top of my vision. Thank you for your time!!
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  499
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

It appears that you have had some macular oedema which is a very sensitive part of the eye. You should consult a vitreo-retinal surgeon to get the fundus examination done and further investigations if any needed. You should not take this condition lightly.

Meanwhile, you should use some anti-inflammatory eye drops, along with some systemic anti inflammatory tablets.

Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. Amit Garg's  Response
hello it is a case of macular edema or traumatic cataract if a black spot comes in ur vision everytime.sub conjunctival hemorrage as told by ur optometrist does not interfere in vision and gets absorbed automatically.u should show an ophthalmologist as soon as possible.
Answered: Mon, 7 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor