Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Dark round spot around bicep, dark hair grow out of it, spreading a little. Any ideas ?

hi i have a dark round spot around my bicep and dark hair grow out of it unlike my other hairs and it might bet from the sun im not sure; although, i am sure i was not born with it. i was born near a beach oversees and i was thinking it could have came from the sun. it does look like it spread over the years. any idea? Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
From the description, it looke like a becker's nevus. This nevus usually occurs in adolescence and is characterised by a brown or gray black skin spot with overlying increased growth of hair and sometimes acne lesions. It is not related to sun exposure.
This nevi can only be treated by lasers. For the same, contact your dermatologist.

Hope that helps. Take care
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor