Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Dark purple spots on scrotum, skin darkening, blood blisters under skin on torso. Treatment?

My husband has developed dark purple spots on his scrotum which has recently turned a very dark color, overall. He has had normal caucasion coloring in that area until recently. He is now 49. Also, he had blood blister like spots all over his body which has developed a brown like hue under the skin expanding over half his torso under those spots.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  477
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

Your husband is having dark purple spots on scrotal skin and else where.

I feel that the condition would be angiokeratoma of Fordyce.

There are vascular proliferation developing into dark purple small papules with thick skin..keratosis.

You take him to consult dermatologist for firm diagnosis.

Treatment would be electrocautery under local anaesthesia.

The treatment is simple OPD procedure.

I hope you got my answer.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Mon, 23 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor