Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Dark part on ribs, spreading, unusual feeling. What it can be?

Hi doctor, In summer I noticed a dark part on my back, I thought it might be because of sun burn . but it started to growing, although I never went for sun bath anymore. what makes me concerned is that it s only on my ribs, just getting dark on my back ribs and it s coming toward my front ribs. It is not itchy, or sore. I have no unusual feeling, but it s spreading and getting darker. what do you think it can be? Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  9
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Diabetologist 's  Response

By your description it appears to be hyperpigmented skin lesion.
The most common is solar keratosis. But this lesion is on the sun unexposed part.
This conditions are usually difficult to treat.
Melasma is one condition which causes hyperpigmentation due to hormonal imbalance.
Consult your doctor for more information.
Answered: Sat, 8 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor