Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Dark, dry and itchy skin around eyes, red and flaky rash on penis. Related? Suggestions

hi, i have recently last few weeks had problem with skin around my eyes the skin colour has darkened, the skin its very dry/itchy and flakey in the morning? I also had a red rash on penis/ and can be slightly flakey which i had seen my local GP about and was given cream for both issues but the cream given for my eyes didnt help! DO you have any suggestions at all? And can both problems be down to same thing?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  149
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to Health care Magic
What was the diagnosis of the penile and eye rash and what was the cream given?
It is unlikely that both rash is the same. Dry itchy skin around eye could be a contact dermatitis. Skin around the eyes are very sensitive. Have you started using any new face washes or cosmetics? skin around eyes are also prone for air borne contact allergies. Air borne allergens like pollens, cement, dust etc can cause the rash.
It is better to consult a dermatologist as you don't seem to improve with the creams prescribed by GP.
Keep washing your face regularly and frequent application of moisturiser after wash will help.
Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor