Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Dark discolouration on inner corners of eyelids, especially severe in right eye. Suggestions for treatment?

I have very dark discolorations on the inner corners of my eyelids, also extending onto the upper and lower eyelids, all on the inside of my eye. I have very fair skin so it looks terrible, like someone punched me in the eye. It isn t so bad underneath, mainly in this area around the inner corners. It s especially bad on my right eye and I have noticed that when I touch the thin skin around the eyelid on the inner corner it feels like there is a vein in that area. Is there anything I can do about this?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  899
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
hii.. darker under eyes is due to stress and strain. this occurs due to rupture of the small veins present under the skin in the subcutaneous layer. this can be prevented by reducing the stress of everyday life. and massage the skin around the lids, this will increase the blood circulation. and can prevent further progression. take tablets Bcomplex with vitaminC once daily for a month with iron tab once daily after food for atleast 3months. still without seeing properly nothing can be cured. so consult an ophthtalmologist for detailed examination. thank you.
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor