Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Dark complexioned, tanned skin, loss of confidence. Suggestions to attain a fair complexion?

Hi,i m an xxxxxxx!! I am not good looking,my skin has tanned by roaming in here all day!!!! I just lost in love twice just because i wasnt able to gather confidence due to my black skin!!! The girl i loved is very fair,shes beautiful,i truly love her from the bottom of my heart bt i m not able to do anything,she just refused me and even i feel bad to talk with her just because i dont look good!!! Can u suggest something that can make me fair at least the tan should be gone!!!
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  172
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
To improve your tanned skin, you may follow these suggestions
1) use a sunscreen of SPF 50. Apply it 30 minutes prior to going out and should be repeated every two to three hours.
2) take oral vitamin c and antioxidant supplements
3) apply a Kojic acid or Glycolic acid cream in morning and hydroquinone 4 percent cream in night. Apply in small amounts, if any irritation develops withhold use.
4) take few sessions of chemical peels to get your constitutive skin color back.
As these drugs require follow up, kindly be under a doctor's consultation.
Hope that answers your query. Take care.
Answered: Sat, 2 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor