Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Dark brown spot in scrotum area, increased in length. Cause?

I have a dark brown spot in my front, right scrotum area...not attached to either penis or testicles. It is about an inch long and has increased in length over time. There is no redness, no itching or pain. Should I have this checked by my Dermatologist as a possible skin cancer ...for which I (66) have a history (ear, nose)?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  296
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi Harry,
Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are suffering from can be erythrasma,tinea cruris,acquired melanocytic nevus etc.

Consider a visit to dermatologist for prescription drugs.
Discuss the option of Skin biopsy with your doctor.It will help a lot in proper definitive diagnosis and subsequent diagnosis.

Hope this helps.
If you need any further clarification do let me know.

Dr Sudarshan
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor