Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Dark and dry skin, pain on touching the face due to spending long hours in the sun. How can I avoid this?

Good day doctor, My name is Bader. I m engineer who usually spend long time in sunny field. I live in the middle east in which the temperature reaches 50 C. My skin becomes a little bit darker and dry. I feel some pain when i touch my face. Please advise my about how to keep my skin color and prevent it from being darker and dry Thanks a lot
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi...dear Bader..,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
80% skin problems are due to sun effect..,
So U focus on it ..,
Morning times SUNSCREEN LOTION..,Suncote(Curatio), Suncross(Dr.Reddy's)
Night times...use Moisturizing cream...Elovera MF(Gracewel).,
Cap...Derantox...daily 15 vitamin tablets..,

Answered: Sat, 23 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal's  Response
Dear Bader,

I understand your concern of working in the sun and high temperature. It is advisable to keep your self covered to prevent direct exposure to the sun which is going to reduce tanning. You can use mosturizing lotions to prevent dryness of the skin. Sun screen lotions will prevent sun burns but they may not prevent the skin from being darker.

Wishing you the best.
Answered: Sat, 26 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor