Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
122 Doctors are Online

Damage to the nose in a car accident. Nasal air passage is getting blocked. Anything can be done?

Yes, I was in a car accident previously and had damage to my nose , it bled for over a day, and had two black eyes. I was uninsured and did not get medical attention. Now the nostril on that side does not take in air and the passage is blocked from the outside bony/ cartilage side of that nostril. What can I do about it, 1 1/2 years later?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us about your query.
I have gone through your query regarding difficulty in breathing through nostril after an accident in which you sustain injury over nose which result in displacement of cartilage and bone of nose. Your clinical history indicates that probably you have got fracture and displacement of nasal bone and cartilage and they get malunited in wrong places. You have told about your financial problem and you are not under cover of any insurance but to treat your nose only way is the surgical correction. For surgical correction you are advice these basic investigations-
(1) C.T.scan of paranasal sinuses.
(2) Blood- CBC, blood sugar- F & P.P., Serum creatinin.
(3) Urine - R & M
After this much work you should contact an ENT doctor for operative correction of nose.

With Regards.
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum. According to your description it appears that you had a diviated nasal septum due to injury to the nasal bridge.
Now if you want to get it treated there are so many ways of procedures to correct it by E.N.T. surgeons or plastic surgeons. I advise you to consult an E.N.T.surgeon who will take C.T.scan and judge the extent of the injury and plan the repair accordingly.
Wishing for a good recovery and thanks for calling.

Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor