Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

DO you think I am anorexic ?

Do you think I m anorexic ? I try not to eat more than 500 calories a day. And my friends say that I am really skinny but I feel huge and I really want to lose 20-30 pounds Here is a pic of me:¤t=l-1.jpg¤t=l-13.jpg I m 15 years old if that helps
Asked On : Wed, 22 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
If your friends think that you are skinny, yet you try to restrict calories due to fear of gaining weight, then you might be suffering from anorexia nervosa. It is usually seen in the age group you belong to. Consult a specialist for evaluation, because, if untreated there might be serious complications, both physical and psychological.

Anorexia nervosa is a eating disorder where the patient has a distorted view of his/her body image (thinking one is overweight despite of being slim) and is associated with low BMI and amenorrhea (cessation of menstrual cycles)
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor