Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

D&C suggested due to thickened endometrium. Heavy bleeding. Concerned about uterine cancer

Hello Dr, My Mother got an menstural after 29 years. after my delivery she havent get periods. May be due to her health issue. I mean weakness. last 3 months she got spot spot bleeding and now she got thickest ball like that. So we went for an scan and the result is below.

Bulky Uters with thickened endometrium. Enodmetrial thickness measure 25mm. Doctors advised take one D& C after biopsy only we will know the result. Is this any serious.... like uterine cancer.... other reports are normal.... She doesnt have any diabetes issue... pls advise
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Report says there is some pathology in her uterus.
To tell about cancer is too early to say.
There might be other pathology as well.
Go for D& C and get biopsy done.
This will give correct diagnosis.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Wed, 10 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor