Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Cyst on neck, blood flow after ultrasound. Should go for vascular surgeon?

my son has a cyst the size of a quarter in the middle rear on the right side of his neck. it has been there for months but has gotten larger lately. we took him to his primary care doc who sent us to a general surgeon . after an ultrasound, the cyst has blood flow . it appears to be clustered near lymph nodes. should we see a vascular surgeon?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
If ultrasound shows blood in the cyst it appears to be a vascular malformation. You will need to undergo CT angio of the region to ascertain its vascular nature. Thereafter a vascular surgical consult is essential.
Answered: Wed, 25 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor