Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Cyst on knee, bruise on knee due to fall, dark purple discoloration. Cure?

i have had a cyst on the front of my left knee due to a car accident i had in march since accident my knee gives out the most recent was friday my knee gave way and i went down hard on a tile floor since that fall there has been a bruise and today i noticed that there was dark purple lines coming from the bruise it is very concerning
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Hi dear thannks for the query
From the complaints you had described it coul be small collection of fluid below the skin of the knee cap. The other complaint of your knee giving away could be most probably due to ligament tear inside your joint. For this I would suggest to consult your Orthopedic doctor get further treatment. Regarding the purple lines those could be dilated blood vessels due to swelling.
Answered: Thu, 22 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor