Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Cyst like thing under skin, itchy, pain while touching. No discoloration. Recommendations?

Hi I'm a 29 year old female. I have a fairly large (hard) cyst type thing under my skin in the very top inside of my buttcrack, left side. It's been extremely itchy, you can't see it by looking but you can feel it. It hurts really bad when you touch it and uncomfortable to sit on it. Noticed it a few days ago and has no draining or any discoloration. What could this be and what should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for your query

Looks like you have developed a sebaceous cyst.
Do not touch it much as it can cause more irritation.
Mostly it can be left if there are on symptoms.

Since it is causing irritation in your case, you might need to go for surgical excision.
In addition, a short course of oral antibiotics may be needed as well.
I would advise you to see a nearby dermatologist or a physician for further management.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Wed, 12 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor