Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Cyst behind ear since childhood, has suddenly increased in size and hardened, similar symptoms towards the top left. Cause?

Hi. I am a 29 year old female and remember since I was 10 having what my PCP called a cyst behind on my left ear on my actual head. It never bothered or hurt me so we left it alone. It now has grown 3 times the size almost as big and hard as a marble and is not moveable. It s hurts also. I now notice I have another not a big but same symptoms to the top left and a 3rd about 4 cm next to the second one with also the same symptoms as the two prior (totaling 3). The bigger o e that I have had since my childhood is more painful then the others....can someone please give me anything on this and what it may be? Thank you for your time Becki
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for choosing HCM forum.

You might be having the sebaceous cyst behind your ears. Try to recollect any infections, treatments, any incidents/happenings, or change in lifestyle in the recent past. Sometimes you may end up finding the cause for this recent aggravation.

Though it does not pose any risk to life, consider getting a doctors visit. Excision or heat pads for more than 10 days are the traditional way of dealing this condition in modern medicine.

Homeopathy offers a huge chance of recovery without an excision. You can consult an expert near you for details.

Answered: Tue, 16 Oct 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor