Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Cyst behind ear, getting bigger, sometimes hurts badly. Will it affect my health? Cure?

hello, i have what i believe to be a cyst behind my right ear. I've had it for a couple of months and it has been getting bigger and i have started to worry about if it can affect my health or not. i am a 16 year old male. it doesnt hurt usually, but maybe once a week it will hurt really badly for about 5-20 minutes. i do not have any money so i can't go see a doctor. please send a reply to my email,
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Thank for asking to HCM
No this lesion wont affect your health,, but it should not be underestimated, or taken lightly, it could be sebaceous cyst, chances of increasing the size of it is enough, it only hurts when the surrounding tissues get compressed because of the bigger size of lesion,, it is divisible to remove it, consult to ENT surgeon for further advise and differential diagnosis, have nice day
Answered: Thu, 17 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor