Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Cuts and itching on penis forehead, temporary relief with medicine. Blood and urine reports normal. Advice?

I am a 61 yr. old man.After having sex sometimes my penis s forehead got tears and itching.Dr.advised that it s a fungal infection and prescribed to take AF-150 for five days and to apply ointment Surfaz-SN on penis.It heals but reoccurs after sometime.Dr. says nothing to worry and take the prescribed medicines again but after healing it reoccurs ater sometime.Biood and urine reports are normal.Please advise me what to do? and prescribe proper medicine for the same.
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi somgodara,

Thanks for writing in.
The most common cause in your case is candidial balanitis.
It is caused by yeast called candia.

Oral and topical antifungals are the treatment.
Diabetes can cause recurrent problems like in your case.
You should get your fasting and postmeal sugar levels done.This will rule out diabetes.
Also to prevent recurrence of balanitis a short surgery called circumcision may be required.This will cure the problem once and for all.
I encourage you to visit a qualified dermatologist for proper advise and treatment.
Hope this helps.


STD & leprosy
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor