Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Cut vulva when shaving, sore. Anything to alleviate the discomfort?

Hi I m 27 years old, and I nicked the inside of my vulva a few days ago while shaving. The area around the cut is now inflamed (around the size of a chick pea) and quite sore. The site of the cut now looks something like a canker sore. I m married, and the irritation is at the exact site of the cut, so it is unlikely that this is an STD . Is there anything I can do to alleviate the discomfort, and should I be worried about infection?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
As there are signs of inflammation, better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.
With her advice you can go for local analgesic and anti - inflammatory creams, that can decrease the symptoms.
If there signs of infection, you need one course of antibiotics.
Oral analgesic tablets help in relieving the pain.
Sitz bath can give relief to some extent.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 1 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor