Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Cut in the corner of eye, no internal eye injury. Applying T-Mycine. Treatment?

hi my son had an accident yesterday. he stumbled on the edges of a table and cut the corner of his left eye. It bled but no internal eye injury was visible. we consulted a family doctor, he advised that we aply T- Mycine ointment on the cut as it will not harm if seeped into the eye...i am trying to gather a second opinion..would you pls advise
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  392
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
hello, goodmorning..
get injection tetanus toxoid..intramuscular, stat,after sensitivity testing..
keep the wound clean, u may clean with betadine solution, with sterilized wipe/cotton, u may use neosporin eye ointment ..that even if goes inside..there is no for the wound if there is pus formation /discharge then oral antibiotics have to be give with supervision of yr family doctor..
please take care of him..he needs yr love and support too..
Answered: Sun, 22 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor