Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Cut fingers on the rusted part, whole hand turning white. Is it serious?

My boyfriend sent me a picture at 3:00 in the morning last night of his hand . He recently has been working on his car changing the rotors, apparently he cut his finger on the rusted part (it s a centimeter wound) but now his whole hand is turning white!! Knowing him he is still asleep right now, probably not going to the ER. What do you think? Is this very serious?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi user
Yes he should visit ER immediately. About seriousness I can not say exactly. If ask youu me can it be serious then response is yes can be.
There might be some problem with blood supply to hand therefor it turned white.
Wond may be contaminated and get infection.
Open wound require tetanus prophylaxis
Please ask him to visit doctor
Hope you find this information useful. Take care
Answered: Thu, 30 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor