Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Current power -3.25 on right and -2.25 on left eye. Remove cylindrical power?

Sir i am a 25 yrs old boy and have been wearing specs from the last 10-12 years. Lately i have been facing problem with my cylinderical number and its axis, different doctors prescribe different axis and now i am confused what to do. Is it always necessary to wear cylinderical specs? My current power is -3.25/-.5*179 in the right and -2.25/-.5*2 in the left. Can i remove cylinderical power and wear only -3.25 and -2.25?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
hi.. cylindrical power is very much important as if u dont use it...u wl face problems. as your cylinder has been comin different at different places... kindly ask your ophthalmologist to do refraction under cdilatation & ycloplegia. it will give u proper power.
u can consider LASIK too... only after going through complete evaluation.
take care
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor