Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Cure for chest indentation due to accident?

i was in a car accident at age 9, it was a very bad accident i was in the back passenger seat with my seatbelt on, i have noticed in recent months that the left side of my chest is slightly pushed in almost the whole vertical length of my rib cage, its not as noticeable when i am standing but when i lay down or suck my stomach in its extremely noticeable and kinda creepy to look at, i was wondering if there is anything i can do to even it out a little bit or if I m stuck like this, my doctor took x-rays and never really answered my question.
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
What is important at this moment of time is your breathing function. you need to get yourself assessed for your lung function by getting pulmonary function test, arterial blood gas and a x ray chest accompanied by a good clinical evaluation. If they are all within normal limits then you should not bother yourself with it especially with the aesthetic aspects.
Answered: Sat, 12 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor