Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Culture shows klebsiella growth. What treatment should be taken?

hello, now ihave a klebsiella growth in culture and colony count is 1.0 lakhs/ml.pls advice what i will do for that.last 3 months before i conceived after 15 days itself that is aborted.on that time only i know i have a urinary infection. what are the steps to be taken to cure this one.please give solution to this.i am 28 years .
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
I think as culture was done sensitivity test should have been done. Start the sensitive antibiotics among them with lowest MIC (minimum inhibitory concentration). Usually Klebsiella is a notorious organism because of increasing drug resistance. Carbepenem group of drugs are the choice for klebsiella like imipenem, meropenem or ertapenem. These are injectables. Among the oral only drug is feropenem. But you should start as per your sensitivity report. I think with proper treatment you will be cured.
Thank you.
Answered: Wed, 3 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor