Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Crystallized wax in ear, feeling of wax going down the canal. How can I avoid this?

Hi I am 47 years old and have always had great hearing but this the second time in the past 5 years that it appears I have possibly crystalized wax in my ear. The last time it happened I used wax remover and it cleared up, this time it feels as though it is welding itself to my ear and going down into my ear canal . What can I do to get rid of this before I go deaf?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  186
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
From history it seems that you might be having impacted ear wax giving rise to this problem.
Put some wax dissolving drops for few days and after wax becomes loose go for removal gently.
If it does not work , consult ENT and get syringing done.
After your ear canal becomes clear, you will get your clear hearing.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Sat, 26 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor