Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Crushed leg, punctured arteries of leg in accident, cannot walk, external fixator removed. What to do now ?

Hey. I live in Memphis, TN. I am a small business owner who does not have any medical insurance. I was recently involved in a one car accident which crushed my leg, & due to punctured arteries in the leg, I nearly lost my life. I was in the Trauma Unit for 40 days. Here is the problem, I cannot walk, and because I make too much money I don t qualify for any government assistance, yet I cannot afford the necessary rehab I need if I ever want to walk again. My external fixator was removed last week. Now would be the time for me to be in a rehab facility, yet I cannot get any help. What does one do? I am under 40 years of age & in decent physical condition. I need to know if there is some type of funding or programs in ANY state where I can get help. Thank you. Be blessed
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
I am sorry to know about the condition. it is a difficult task to say any advise. These days the T.V. channels are showing charity to such people in need. You can approach the district hospitals, for any help. You can write to the chief minister for release of C.m relief fund.You can request for help from the public in news papers.
Take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts,and
protein rich foods.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.
Answered: Tue, 31 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor