Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Crumbling spine, broken back. What s the cure?

Hello there, my father has a crumbling spine following an un diagnosed broken back when he was much younger, he is currently taking Co-Dydramol and Tramadol but do not know in what quanties, he used to have injections into the spinal to kill the nerve ends but not now as the pain was to severe he can only just about walk now but has to stop every few steps because of the pain, are there any stronger pain killers that he can take.

Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
hallo dear friend
was there any fracture in your spine
you need to take a fresh x ray of your spine
if any disc space narrowing is there you may need MRI spine
MRI spine give important details, there can be lumbar canal stenosis
mean while take rest , take some analgesic -nerve pain relever like tryptomer or pregabalin, hot or cold fomentation
avoid lifting weights
sit with taking support to your back
slowly you can start spine extension exersizes
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor