Creatimine

my creatimine in blood 1.49 mg/dl. is it danger?
Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic

Creatinine levels in the blood is an indicator of kidney function. The normal values for it in the blood is 0.5 to 1.0 mg/dL for women and 0.7 to 1.2 mg/dL for men. However, a male doing straneous physical activity may have higher levels, upto 2.0 mg/dL. However, I would advise you to consult a physician and have other renal function tests done too if required.
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Hi!
welcome to healthcaremagic.com.Normal levels of creatinine range from 0.6 to 1.2 milligrams (mg) per deciliter (dl) in adult males and 0.5 to 1.1 milligrams per deciliter in adult .Muscular young or middle-aged adults may have more creatinine in their blood than the norm for the general population. . Certain drugs can sometimes cause abnormally elevated creatinine levels. Serum creatinine can also transiently rise after ingestion of large amount of dietary meat. Any condition that impairs the function of the kidneys will probably raise the creatinine level in the blood. The most common causes of longstanding kidney disease in adults are high blood pressure and diabetes mellitus.