Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Crater deformity after undergoing gynecomastia. Will fat grafting help?

Hello Doc, I underwent gynecomastia June 2011. I think I have got crater deformity as a result. Could you please review the pics and advise me. Will fat grafting help ? WWW.WWWW.WW I would like to suction the residual fat from the surrounding area right below the armpits and can give fat injections under the nipples.Also get liposuction done to my tummy. Pls advise me if it s risky to do liposuction of stomach, flanks, under armpits and fat injections on the same day. Doctor, please can you explain the difference between fat grafts and fat flaps?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  364
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
I cannot see any pictures here therefore cannot comment on the same. If you have a crater deformity then the only option is fat grafting but remember that more than 1 session might be required because of the unpredictability of fat absorption. If done in moderation then liposuction and fat grafting can be done on the same day and do not pose extra risk. Fat grafts are harvested fat obtained from liposuction which are injected into specific areas that obtain blood supply from the recipient site where these are injected. On the other hand, fat flaps have their own blood supply and the risk of absorption is therefore much less following transfer.
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor