Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Cramps similar to period pains, pins and needles sensation in stomach, pink spotting, stomach bloating. Pregnant?

i think i amy be 3 to 4 weeks pregnant. I have little cramping similar to period pain with some strange uncomfortable pins and needles in my tummy too. I was due on 4 days ago i have been getting a watery pinkish red substance on my panty liner for the last too days. i feel bloated and feel like i should have my period. i am 40 years old.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  333
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Yes, you might be pregnant. You should check a urine pregnancy test if you have not already done so.
If you are not pregnant, then it is likely that this is related to variation in when you ovulate which is common at 40 years of age. When this happens, there is sometimes some abnormal, breathrough bleeding.

I hope that this helps. Thank you for visiting HCM!
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain's  Response
Its worth knowing if you have had unprotected sex during during this period? If yes, its a possibility you might be pregnant. However, at age 40, its not rare to have some alterations in the menstrual cycle, wit either delays in expected days or lesser than expected amounts of mentsrual flow. Its interesting if you could do a pregnancy test to rule out a pregnancy.
The symptoms you describe are classical symptoms constituting what we call the premenstrual syndrome. These are signs noticed most of the time before menses. In your case, I would advise you do a pregnancy test, if its negative, the you should be expecting your menses or it should be a skipped period. In case the flow is foul smelling, profuse, you are feverish, intensity of pain increases or you really become worried, you might consult a gynecologist. As we approach age of menopause which differs from woman to woman, such alterations are common, and I think you need not really bother much at this stage.
Hope this helps you,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor