Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Cramp like pain under the ribcage, aggravates when stretched.Releif from this pain?

Hi, my complaint has been consistant for almost three months now and although visiting GPs, osteopaths, breathing therapists and alike the pain i m getting isn t subsiding.... I have a cramp like pain up under my ribcage on my left flank, initially in my back but now in both back and front and is aggrivated by sitting or stretching , particulally when my left leg is flexed. It occured after a long flight almost 3 months ago and without any apparant trauma.... please can you help me understand what is the cause and more importantly what can I do to aleviate the constant cramp/stich-like pain im experiancing as it is now impacting on my ability to work, sleep and function properly, Yours sincerly Damsell i9n distress
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  12
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

You said that you visited GP, osteopaths and breath therapists but you did nopt mention what they told. Were pathological tests done? There may not be any problem with chest and bones as the GP and Osteo are clear,

I suggest it might be some trouble due to gastric trouble and this happens often. Try garlic every day morning before food and see for a week. If no difference found consult a gastroenterologist.
Get well soon.
Answered: Sat, 3 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor