Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Cracked skin on edge of glans. Raised area, painful. Fungi or keratinization?

Ive started to notice on the edge of my glans , the skin looks a little more cracked which seems normal. But i also notice there seems to be a 1 part of it where it is raised ever so slightly, which makes it stand out. It resembles a circulur shape, but not painless, looks/feels exactly like the surrounding skin. could this be fungi or bad keratinization? I am sexually active, btw.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

It seems that you are having candidal balanoposthitis [CBP].

It is fungal infection, caused by candida albicans.

Sexual intercourse, Excessive washing with water,soap,perspiration...etc may precipitate CBP.

Take anti fungal tablet for few weeks.

Apply anti fungal cream.

Improve immunity with immunobusters.

Improve hygiene.

Take sitz bath in dettol water.

Avoid stress and worries.

Give anti fugal therapy to your partner.

Still, you consult dermatologist.

I hope you got my answer.


Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Wed, 3 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor