Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Cracked penis head skin, small bumps, no pain. What is treatment?

the skin on the head of my penis is cracked and has small bumps on it that are more noticeable when erect. i have been using lotion to try to get the cracking to go away and it does not work very well. i am not experiencing any pain but the area is red and dosent look like the rest of my penis head which is smooth and shiny
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  730
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have acquired infection of the foreskin.(Posthatitis)due to fungal infection.
Have you checked your blood sugar levels recently. Please get your blood sugar levels done on empty stomach and 2 hours after lunch to rule out Diabetes.
Take some antibiotics like Doxycycline along with anti fungal medication Fluconazole twice daily for 5 days. Aplply topical anti fungal gel like Meconazole over foreskin .
This should get cured in a week
If you are not able to retract your foreskin completely you may need to get circumcised by a qualified General Surgeon.

Answered: Sun, 3 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor