Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Cracked and perforated eardrum. On heavy antibiotics. Should I seek a second opinion?

I have been told I have a cracked and perforated eardrum and a loss of 45% in hearing. I am on heavy antibiotics now because of the beginnings of infection. My jaw bone seems to now be affected and my sinus' are so bloody and dry the allergist cannot address. Because the crystals are not aligned in my ear area I am afraid of possible vertigo. Should I seek a second opinion?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
I think a second opinion in this case is of absolute importance. You might need to meet an ENT specialist for further evaluation. A coordinated collaboration between the two specialists could be of immense help. Left untreated, complications could go into the scene which most of the time are irreversible. Effective and cheap procedures do exist which if dine earlier, greatly improves the expected outcome. Booking an appointment with an ENT specialist is my advice.
Thanks and hope this helps,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor