Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Crack on toe, looks infected, pus and reopened heal. What can help?

My boyfriend has had a bad crack between his pinky toe for years, it looks nasty and infected, what should I be using on it, he said it got cut many years ago. and it healed then reopened,Dr. had him using antifungl cream on it but it is not a fungus, and it is deep now with pus , loos very bad .... i think i should was it with badadine and then dry it good and pack it with gauze ....?????
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello user,
Good wound care is very important for proper healing of wound along with some oral and local antibiotics.

You are advised to contact a nearby General Physician to get your boyfriends wound examined and to start a broad spectrum antibiotic with some vitamins to reduce wound healing time.

Local cleaning of wound daily with betadine and a sterile gauze piece is also recommended.You are also advised to check for blood sugar level , as in diabetes, the wound healing takes long time.

hope my info helped you
Dr Hari Om Chandrakar
Answered: Wed, 24 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
As this cut is since long between his toes, mostly might be due to fungal infection as this is common site for growing fungus.
Now it seems that there is secondary bacterial infection took place giving rise to pus formation.
Go for one antibiotic medicine course to control infection after consulting your doctor.
Go for oral anti-fungal tablet like Flucanozole 150 mg once in a week for 4 weeks.
This will give complete relief from problem.
Apply anti-fungal, antibiotic cream locally after cleaning cut properly.
Keep local part clean,dry and airy.
Avoid wearing soaks for some time.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Wed, 24 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor