Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Couple with B positive and B negative blood group. Lost first child. Is it due to varied blood group? Any injection?

I am a B Positive male and my wife a B negative. We lost our first child during child birth. Does our blood group has anything to do with that and what her prognosis with another child. I heard their is an injection she had to take because of our varied blood group. She hasn't taken it before and I hope its not late to take it.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  361
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Yes, since your wife blood group is negative, she needs to take anti D injection within 72 hrs of delivery to protect second child.
It has nothing to do with the first child. Variation in blood group usually does not affect first child.
I recommend you to get an anti D injection to your wife as early as possible.
Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor