Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Could you give me information on endoscan test for gall bladder?

I had a Colonoscopy and an endoscopy last week. My doctor found diverticulosis, gastric polyps, mild gastritis, sigmond polyps. We are also thinking my gall bladder has problems. I had an ultrascan last week and it indicated that I did not have any gall stones. The doctor mentioned another test we need to do this upcoming week. I think he said it was called an endoscan? They will be placing dye to see if my gall bladder is functioning. I am trying to read about this test on the internet, but can't find anything.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Investigation of the gall bladder can be done via invasive or non invasive tests.

It is possible that the investigation may be a form of cholangiography which involves tests that can view the biliary tree and gall bladder.
This can be done in different formats but does involve the use of a dye.

I hope this helps
Answered: Wed, 19 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor