Could withdrawing from clonazepam and seroquel lead to memory loss, fatigue and slurred speech?

My father in law was taking high doses of clonazepam (up to 8 a day of the green I think 1mg) and seroquel ( up to 2,000 mg a day) and he s made the desision to withdraw himself off both at the same time to lose weight and just to be off medications. He refuses to go to a hospital so we are trying to treat at home for the last 2 weeks but are getting more worried of his condition each day. He was doing ok at first but for the past 3 days has been declining. He will not eat, there is memory loss slightly, extemely agitated, severe cramps in legs, ams, and stomach, slight slurred speech, and all he will take in is water. He is 352lbs and 60 years old. What could happen in the process of this withdraw and will he need to be hospitalized?
Wed, 17 Jul 2019

Abrupt stoppage of clonazepam, particularly in long-term, high-dose therapy, may cause withdrawal syndrome (e.g., confusion, abnormal perception of movement, depersonalization, muscle twitching, psychosis, paranoid delusions, seizures).

The therapeutic dose range of Quetiapine (Seroquel) is 150 to 750 mg/day. The dose of 200 mg/day is quite high. Again abrupt withdrawal may cause 'Discontinuation Syndrome'.
Both these drugs should be slowly withdrawn under medical supervision.
Consult a Psychiatrist, if not hospitalized.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas, Internal Medicine Specialist